Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spook-tacularly Wicked Treat Bags

       I found myself in the Halloween Spirit this year more so then last year! I don't know if it was because I really focused on my kids and getting them ready and spending the time to take them through the whole town or if I was just really happy to enjoy the day itself...
      
       Either way, I decided to make little treat bags for the girls to take to preschool for all the other kids. I realize that it probably didn't have to be all that fancy or detailed but I had a picture in my mind and couldn't stop until I had achieved my vision.

So now that you have a good idea of what things look like in my head... I will share with you what I used to create these Spook-tacularly Wicked Treat Bags.

Materials Used: 8.5" x 11" Grey Cardstock
                           8.5" x 11" Orange Cardstock
                           Art Philosophy Cartridge (Z1686)
                           Black Exclusives Ink pad (Z2105)
                           Round Sponge (Z697)
                           Wicked Stamp of the Month (S1108)
                           Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray
                           3/16" Black Ribbon (Michaels)

How I Did It
Now that you know what I used you would be able to switch it up and make it your own so I will explain what it did to make this great little bag.

I used my Cricut Expression to cut out my 8.5" x 11" piece of orange cardstock using the Art Philosophy Cartridge. I use the <Star> shape on page 23 using the shift and Font Layer functions. I cut the purse out at 5 3/4".

Once these were cut out I placed my grey cardstock on the cutting mat and loaded it into the Cricut. I used the <Shape 1> on page 26 of the booklet to cut out the shape for my tag. It was cut at 1 1/2".

Once these are cut out I used black ink and stamped the desired stamps onto the bag and onto the tag. I also used a piece of the round sponge to ink the edges of my tag. After my images were stamped, I creased each edge I would be using adhesive on to form my purse. I then used my Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray onto the purses. I let them dry and cut my pieces of ribbon to the desired length (I cut mine to about 8") and proceeded to use my adhesive to put the purses together.

Once my purses were put assembled I used my piece of sponge and inked the folded edges of the purse to give it a distressed and aged appearance. I then used Glue Dots to adhere my tags and tied the piece of ribbon onto the opposite handle.

I then placed some treats into the bags and got them ready to have my girls take them to preschool. My girls were so proud when all the other kids wanted to see their treat bags and the adults thought they were pretty awesome for the kids to have as a gift.

I will confess that I'm kinda sad that I handed out all the treat bags without keeping one for myself!
There is always next year...

Let's Get Crafty!  









{ This blog post has been entered into a Blog Hop for the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge...Here's the linked up blogs...They are all great blogs with spectacular projects and examples of what this great cartridge can do!}

1 comment:

  1. Great bag Tasha! Don't you just love that shape on the cartridge? Thanks for sharing your cute creation with us on the AP blog hop! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!