Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WILD About...Button Wreaths

So on a recent trip to the Dollar Store...I found buttons...lol! Now I have a love affair with buttons. I'm pretty sure I could use buttons on every project I make and still have buttons to spare...lol!

So I found these great little pouches of buttons (each having their own color theme) Well since I love Teal and they just so happened to have a pouch with teal and white buttons I bought one...How I ever stopped at one...I will never know!

After purchasing a 6" MDF Wreath from Michaels, I decided to make a Button Wreath.





I used my hot glue gun and began by adhering my larger buttons first and slowly filled in all the spaces where you could see the base. I added a satin bow on the bottom and covered the knot with two layered buttons and added a ribbon hanger and used one of the really unique buttons that came in the pack and it was a ribbon slide type button...perfect for allowing me to add a loop for hanging it from! I also added a couple of buttons to the ribbon at the top to tie the whole thing together.


I think it turned out quite well and made another trip to the Dollar Store to purchase some more pouches of buttons...(in different colors of course!)

Let's Get Crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I have some snowflake shaped buttons from Fabricland that would look great on the wreath too.

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!