Monday, May 14, 2012

{1 Layout, 5 Ways ~ Layout 4}

So we are onto the second last day of this series and I have another beautiful layout that I would like to share today. I have spent time crafting with Pemberley and Lucy, and I will continue as I have really come to like using them both. I am working with Lucy again today and sharing with you one of my favorites of these all.


OK, I was not a fan of Creme Brulee but when I saw it paired with the pink and the Colonial White, it became a fabulous color. I have recently become a fan of bright and vibrant colors, opting to wear (against my husbands' urging...lol!) bright fuchsia shirts and dresses, florescent pink shirts (Did you know that florescent is back...Time to get the hoop earrings and plastic bracelets out...lol!)

On with this post....

I used the stamp that came with the Lucy Workshop On The Go kit and my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and made my little flower embellishments. Since I kept the layout to a very clean and simple pattern with no extras I wanted to keep the focus on the layout design, the color blocked squares and the flowers, I was able to use more of them...


I added Bitty Sparkles to the centers of the flowers using either 1 or 2 in each. It is a great way to add some dimension and sparkle without it being overwhelming. I have just recently learned how difficult this really is to accomplish. I thought that making a simple layout would be so easy but this really is not as easy as you would think.

First you have to have a solid plan and try very hard to stick to the basics. You can not over embellish (Something so easily done and very popular with many!) You have to try to make a layout beautiful and striking without it seeming bland and boring. I have noticed that sometimes I see layouts (mine included!) and think that it is missing... This is the tricky part with any layout. You want it to invoke emotion and thought from the person viewing...Sure pictures would make these all that much more interesting but as I want them to speak for themselves and to show you all the layout I leave pictures out...and... I don't have any picked out for them either... My big shortcoming...lol!


So I opted for a single banner to anchor my title area and stamped my title. I added some Bitty Sparkles and this is my layout.

Thanks for stopping by and if you are wanting to participate in this little impromptu blog hop leave a comment and link to your blog post. I will post a list for all to hop to on the last day! Hope you join in on the fun!

If you could please go check out the great projects that so many talented people have linked together on Craft-O-Maniac's Blog today!


Let's Live Inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout. The bitty sparkles on your title are perfect. The cricut flowers + stamps = faster, easier, simpler embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping that we release another Cricut Cartridge soon... I love the AP one and I love that way it cuts down on the cutting time...so much faster!

      Delete

Thought sharing happens here!