Wednesday, May 16, 2012

{Heart 2 Heart Challenge ~ Polka Dots and Stripes}


 

I have really enjoyed playing along with the Heart 2 Heart Challenges and making cards again...It has given me a chance to challenge myself to create some great cards...something I have not being doing recently opting to complete layouts instead...

I got craft today with a friend and we played with the Dotty For You paper today and created cards for two challenges today. The Heart 2 Heart Challenge and Gallery Idol over at Paper Crafts Connections. I have created several cards and will post them each separately. I encourage all to participate in these fun challenges as I think it really allows you to focus and create some fabulous projects!

So I had to create a card that fits the theme of "Encouragement" I kinda struggled with this as I was unsure of what one would consider encouraging... Would a 'Congrats!' or 'Way To Go' be considered encouraging or maybe something related to Sympathy or Positive Words... well here was one of my interpretations of "Encouraging"

Soar

I started with a white base (5" x 7"). I added Sunny Yellow dotty paper and a layer of Lagoon dotty paper...Added a 2" strip of Sunny Yellow dotty paper to add a stripe, Placed a strip of white and thin strip of Lagoon dotty paper. I then placed my 'Soar' and adhered it to form two gentle ripples in the placement of the word. I wanted it to look unique and have some dimension...



Inside I added the text { Follow your dreams... for as you dream you shall become.}
I added strips of Sunny Yellow and Lagoon dotty paper to form various sized stripes of color and to add some interest to the inside of the card... Nothing like trying to cover all my bases...


Well I hope that you liked the card and that it has sparked some inspiration for you...

I have added this project to the Weekend Wrap Up Party, go check it out!


Let's Live Inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Nice card, Tasha! I love how you decorated the inside, too. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha -

    I think the Soar sentiment definitely fits for words of encouragement and I'm wild about the polka dots!

    Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!