Saturday, April 28, 2012

{Heart 2 Heart Photo Inspiration Challenge}

Today has been a treat for my blog...a record posts in one day! I have also entered 3 projects for 3 challenges in one day...another record for me! All of this with little ones running, and regular life underway...

Now I saw this photo challenge on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge and realized that I could do this...

Now I didn't think about the complete picture and figured I would use my new Simple Memories stamp set and do a doily pattern...wrong...

Once I had used it I realized it was not doing it for me so I went to the Pemberley Workshop on The Go stamp set and used a stamp from there...It was perfect! (Although I realized later that I was not the first to think this way either...)

I then had to figure out what colors to use and decided on Creme Brulee and Blush. I also used Sweet Leaf 1" ribbon, some white grosgrain and the pretty pins from the Bling Assortment. Playing off the pearl on the pretty pin, I decided to place Pearl Opaques into the centers of each flower and one Bitty Pearl on the stamped sentiment 'Congratulations' from For Every Occasion Stamp Set.

I am trying to make sure that when I do a card I consider all aspects of the card...Including the inside...so I placed a Sweet Leaf ribbon pendent and stamped a few flowers into the inside...I tried to add some texture to the flowers by rubbing them onto the ink pad and by not huffing on one of the stamps to let the ink appear textured...

Here is the card...




 Hope you enjoyed this brief post.


Let's Live Inspired!

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Great card, Tasha. The zinnia stamp works very well to echo the flowers on the shower curtain. The pearls are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting this card last night I could not think of the name of the flower...lol! But I do love how this turned out...

      Delete
  2. Nice card! The textured effect on the flowers is pretty. Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen this done on another project and had never tried it...next is kissing technique I think...

      Delete
  3. Great card.....love the Pemberley WOTG stamp set! Love how you carried the ribbon into the inside of the card. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I like the punch of green with the ribbon and the extra dimension on the flowers with the pearl gems. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing you pretty card on H2H. It looks like you really had a lot of FUNN thinking about your project and enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      I did have a lot of fun thinking about his project...It only changed once from my original idea and it looks nothing like what I originally had envisioned...That is the fun part...lol!

      Delete

Thought sharing happens here!