Monday, April 30, 2012

{1 Layout, 5 Ways ~ Layout 1}

I don't know what crazy notion came over me to decide that I would sit and blog these layouts all in one week... It could be boring... It could be inspirational... It could be a challenge to others to try to recreate this layout in their own way... Either way it is now time to blog the first layout of this series...


Now I love this layout and had seen one on Pinterest... I love the versatility and the clean look that allows the stamps and paper to really stand out on this layout. I said I would give a quick tutorial of some of the great techniques that each of these pages features...

Technique 1: Stitching

I used the Close To My Heart Ruler and started by picking a pattern that I wanted to use on this layout. I love that the ruler allows for a variety of stitches without having to buy a sewing machine...oh how they scare me... So once I picked my pattern (Simple X's) I took my piercing tool set and started to poke my holes into the cardstock...

Once the holes are in I took my embroidery thread and unraveled the strands. I wanted to have a thin tread look so using one strand was what I used to sew it. I started to stitch the pattern and continued on until the pattern was finished on both the top and the bottom of my page.

Sewing was now complete!


So once my stitching was finished I stamped my patterns and grabbed my Versamark, Silver Pearl Embossing Powder (now retired) and heat tool. Embossing is the next technique!

Technique 2: Heat Embossing

You take a stamp and can either stamp the stamp with ink first and Versamark after to allow for the option of seeing the ink (when using Clear or Clear Detail powder) I decided that I wanted to be able to see a hint of color with the silver pearl so I stamped with Desert Sand first and then used my Versamark pad and stamped over it. I then sprinkled my Silver Pearl embossing powder over the Versamark and covered it. I then shook off all the excess powder to reveal just the stamped image covered in the powder...
Enter the heat tool... I aimed the heat tool towards the powdered image and hold it about 6 inches or so away from the image. I heat the image until it begins to melt moving the heat tool around until the whole image is melted. On some of the images on this page I allowed the image to melt but wanted to keep a textured look so as it melted I stopped before it melted to a smooth finish...
Once you have the image the way you like you are finished! Do not touch the heat tool end as it is very hot!

Thorough out this layout you see these beautiful yellow flowers... These flowers are cut out on the Cricut using my Art Philosophy Cartridge. They are cut out in two different sizes and then stamped with the stamp that comes with the Pemberley Workshop On The Go kit. Once it is dried I bent the petals and adhered them together with a glue dot. I placed a pearl gem onto the center and feel that this helps accentuate the silver pearl embossing.

Well until tomorrow, I hope you enjoy this layout! Tomorrow is Layout 2...



Let's Live Inspired!
 



1 comment:

Thought sharing happens here!