Thursday, April 5, 2012

{Peep Wreath}

In the spirit of Easter and spring fever...I decided to create new decor for my door. I love the idea of wreaths and I love the look of the little Peep Bunnies...although I don't eat them I do love the look of them...

I decided to try my hand at creating a little wreath for my door using the edible bunnies with hopes that no one gets any funny ideas to sample a bunny...lol!

I started with painting the mini mdf wreath with a pink acrylic paint. I coated it twice but perhaps if I had primed it first I would have achieved a brighter base color...


Once I had the paint dry I got out my hot glue gun and heated it up. Grabbed a package of the marshmallow goodness people speak of and prepared to attach the little bunnies to the wreath...

After I had finished placing the last bunny onto the wreath I looked and noticed that I had not considered where I would place a ribbon or how this wreath was going to hang...hind sight being 20/20...I would have placed a ribbon on BEFORE attaching the bunnies...lol!

I decided to attach a little green ribbon and slide a ribbon slide onto the ribbon to keep the ribbon together and allow for a place to put a bow...

After some delicate gluing and some drying time...
...Here is my finished and placed project...

Hope you enjoyed!


Let's Live Inspired!

2 comments:

  1. I seem to remember something about peep decorations on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report a year or two ago. Your wreath is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wreath and packed it away in a vip-lock bag...whether it works and lasts until next year will have to wait but could be a great post update...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!